Since 1899 a Seventh-day Adventist school has been available in the Pomona Valley/Inland Empire to those who want to give their children a Christian education. Pomona Adventist Junior Academy was opened in 1899 and Ontario Seventh-day Adventist Elementary School started 19 years later, in 1918.
Pomona Adventist Junior Academy
PAJA began as a small church school with one teacher, Robert Sanders. In 1901 a new school was built at 7th and Cassell Streets in Pomona. The membership of the church grew and made it necessary to add classrooms. A new school building was built in 1921 at East 6th and Linden and operated at this location for 17 years. In 1939, the school moved to a new location where a new building was constructed on a large plot of land at 850 East Grand Avenue, and eventually a Junior Academy was added. It continued to operate at this location until 1990.
Ontario Seventh-day Adventist Elementary School
It was in September of 1918, that the OSAES opened its doors for the first time. Class was held in a small room at the rear of the original church on Vine Avenue, which the congregation had added on. By 1923, an overcrowded classroom and fire brought about the need for a new school. A lot on Monterey Street was donated, and work began immediately on a new building, which was ready by September. The new school operated as a two-classroom, ten-grade institution with domestic science and woodworking rooms. During the summer of 1962, a new school plant consisting on a nine and one-half acre site located in the northeastern part of Ontario at 1722 East Eighth Street. The school has operated at this location since that time.
San Antonio Junior Academy
On May 20, 1990, a joint constituency meeting of the two schools voted to approve creating a new joint school in the Pomona Valley/Inland Empire. The two schools, Pomona Adventist Junior Academy and Ontario Seventh-day Adventist Elementary School, merged on the Ontario school campus. The new school started operations in September 1990 as San Antonio Junior Academy.
San Antonio Christian School
In 2005, SAJA joined the Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and changed their name to San Antonio Christian School. SACS is still welcoming students and families in our community providing them with a Christ-centered quality education.